A market leader in the sale and development of solar radiation measurement equipment, Kipp & Zonen is an ambitious and ﬂexible company that currently employs some 50 people. Our head ofﬁce in Delft is where our sophisticated testing and measuring instruments are developed, manufactured and ultimately sold. A company with a pronounced international focus - we have sales ofﬁces in the United States, France and Singapore - Kipp & Zonen’s clientele can be found mainly in the scientiﬁc, governmental and industrial markets, with solar energy being our fastest growing sector. We have an informal corporate culture with short lines of communication and plenty of room for own initiative. Founded in 1830, Kipp & Zonen has a rich history in Delft, and is an ISO 9001:2008 certiﬁed company.
We have a vacancy for a
Product Engineer Brewer
The Brewer Spectrophotometer is a unique instrument that makes automated observations of the total Ozone column and SO₂ and provides high quality UV spectra. There are over 200 Brewers installed around the world, spread over various meteorological networks and groups. Kipp & Zonen is the sole manufacturer of the instrument and the product engineer is a member of the EuBrewNet community.
As Product Engineer Brewer your main responsibility will be the assembling and testing of Brewer spectrophotometers according to established operating procedures and guidelines. Also among your duties will be to provide customer training as well as product-speciﬁc technical support, in order to ensure the instruments’ continued technical reliability in the ﬁeld. In addition, the Product Engineer Brewer will be actively involved in helping us organise and shape our customer service support system. The Brewer Team Delft consists of the following members: Coordinator & Product Engineer, Atmospheric Science Technician, and Scientist (part-time).
- The mechanical and electrical assembling of Brewer units
- Adjusting Brewer components
- Document management
- Testing and inspecting Brewer parts
- Drafting all user documentation (including the Brewer user manual as well as measurement, testing and calibration reports)
- Performing service and calibration duties (both locally and on location)
- Conducting product-speciﬁc training (both locally and on location)
- Providing customer support
- Liaising with involved parties, e.g. purchasing dept, suppliers, Brewer users, etc.
- Initiating product improvement proposals
- BS degree in technical, physical or electrical engineering
- Functional knowledge of spectrophotometry
- Excellent spoken and written English is a prerequisite; good knowledge of Dutch is preferable
- Customer oriented approach
- Ability to function independently when working on location
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Proﬁcient in MS ofﬁce (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, DOS)
- Willing to travel worldwide (up to approx. 25%)
For more information regarding this position, please contact Patrick Akkermans, Chief Operating Ofﬁcer, at +31 (0)15 2755 210. Applications may be submitted by email to or by post to the following address: Kipp & Zonen BV, Delftechpark 36, 2628 XH Delft, the Netherlands, attn: Suzette Sluis. Principals only.