Thanks to the growth of the market of China, we have a vacancy for a
Technical Sales & Services Manager (new position, 1 FTE)
Kipp & Zonen has a worldwide sales network, and wants to reinforce its commercial position by appointing a Technical Sales & Services Manager (TSSM) in China. China is a growth market for Kipp & Zonen and currently the business is coordinated by a Sales Director. The business is growing both in quantity and quality; more sales activities are required, and the Chinese customers more and more request good technical support. Also, customers increasingly switch from local Chinese products to the quality products of Kipp & Zonen, and in order to make this switch, they have to be convinced based on facts, demonstration, calculations and other customer stories. This all requires the position of the TSSM: a technical driven sales person.
The TSSM we are looking for has a technical background and long track record in commercial B2B of technical products. The TSSM will be reporting to the Sales Director and will be based in Beijing. Together with the Director, the TSSM will drive sales in China. The TSSM will be extensively trained in all products in The Netherlands, since he/she will be the local expert representative for all Chinese customers & Director to answer technical questions in the sales or after-sales process. For this, he/she will obtain good training and support from Headquarters, and in case of important events, specialists from The Netherlands will come over for further assistance. The TSSM will run the Chinese sales and services activities as a small team together with the Director, and likes the broad range of activities, has an entrepreneurial spirit to expand the market, and likes to further build the excellent reputation and sales of Kipp & Zonen in China.
The creation of the TSSM position will both strengthen the sales and support activities in China and enable the Sales Director to focus on Sales & Marketing and Business Development.
- Develop the technical knowledge to support the Director and Chinese customers on technical product aspects
- Provide customers with necessary technical background and information for procurement, tradeshows, etc.
- Provide customer trainings
- Lead in facilitating communication between customers and the Headquarters in Delft with respect of technology and products/ applications
- Execution of all service requests, work with Director for promoting, evaluating and handling service opportunities
- Attending international exhibitions to present products, applications to customers and develop leads
- Account management for existing customers in relation to application requirements/issues
- Develop annual sales & marketing plan with the Director
- Assist Director in all sales activities, from visits to quotations to negotiations to closing sales and invoicing
- Analyze competitor products on the market (price and specifications) and pro-actively discuss with Headquarters
- Follow pro-actively and interactively (professionals/customers/institutes) regular organization developments and translate these to product and sales implications
- Provide regularly a market update with all products and sales opportunities
- Operational activities: from website maintenance and update, to organize workshops to translate English product manuals into Chinese, etc.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in sales business with technical products
- Technical background/education
- Strong customer focus
- Strong quality focus (core value of Kipp & Zonen)
- Proven track record of acquiring and managing customers
- Affinity with the Kipp & Zonen business and technical instruments
- Motivated self-starter / entrepreneur, ‘creates his/her own job’
- Hands-on, practical, solution oriented mentality
- Likes to work solo and in a small team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Chinese
- Good understanding of English language
- Excellent coordination skills
- Prepared to travel
Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Excellent benefits provided.